- The newsroom is open to media representatives only.
- DDW Administration is the designated agent to handle all media relations for DDW. Other newsrooms are not permitted.
- DDW Administration does not share media lists.
- With prior permission from DDW Administration, exhibitors are welcome to display materials in a designated exhibitor area of the newsroom, which is separate from DDW newsroom materials.
- Follow the conversation online. Use the hashtag #DDW17 when discussing news and activities occurring during the meeting.
All data presented at DDW is embargoed for the beginning of its presentation time or an official DDW press conference, whichever occurs first:
- The DDW embargo lifts at the beginning of the presentation, not the beginning of the session. For example: A presentation given from 10:15-10:30 a.m. during a session scheduled from 10-11 a.m. would be embargoed for 10:15 a.m.
- If data is featured in an official DDW press conference that occurs before the data’s scientific presentation or poster session, the embargo lifts at the beginning of the DDW press conference.
- All posters are embargoed for 9:30 a.m. the day the poster is presented.
- All times are local to the city in which DDW is being held.
- Media are encouraged to attend all official DDW press conferences.
- Attendance at official DDW press conferences is limited to guests invited by presenters and two representatives of any company that manufactures or markets a drug or device that is the topic of a data presentation during the press conference.
- Any company representative wishing to attend a DDW press conference must check in with the DDW newsroom the morning of the press conference.
- Only media representatives may ask questions during press conferences.
- Guests of presenters and company representatives may not approach media in the press conference room.
Session Access and Rules
- All DDW scientific presentations are open to the media, with the exception of business, committee and administrative meetings, which are closed to the public.
- Access to ticketed sessions is available on a space-available basis. Food and beverages provided at DDW ticketed sessions are for paying participants only. Breakfast, lunch and snacks are provided for media in the newsroom.
- Media are not permitted to photograph or publish DDW presenters’ slides.
- Media are not permitted to live stream or otherwise broadcast from DDW session rooms, poster hall or exhibit floor.
- If you have questions, please email email@example.com.
- Members of the press who are registered with the DDW newsroom and wearing their press badges are welcome in the Exhibit Hall.
- DDW Administration must accompany all camera crews wishing to tape in the Exhibit Hall. Crews can arrange for an escort in the DDW newsroom.
Exhibitor Media Policies
- The DDW Newsroom is only open to the working press. Exhibitors and public relations professionals are not permitted in the Newsroom.
- All exhibit companies and their third party partners are expected to comply with all rules and regulations set forth by Show Management.
- Show Management is the designated agent to handle all media relations for DDW. No other newsrooms are permitted.
- Show Management will not share lists of media registered for DDW nor lists of media who have attended in previous years.
- Use Twitter hashtag #DDW17 to post pertinent news and activities for the event across social media.
Exhibitor Press Materials Distributed in the DDW Newsroom
Registered exhibitors may display press materials in the designated "Exhibitor News" area of the DDW Newsroom. Display materials must follow the following guidelines:
- Exhibitor press materials must focus on research presented as part of the DDW program.
- Press materials must be clearly marked with the abstract number(s) and the embargo date and time, adhering to the DDW embargo policy: All data presented at DDW is embargoed for the beginning of its presentation time or an official DDW press conference, whichever occurs first.
- DDW embargo lifts at the beginning of the presentation, not the beginning of the session, For example: A presentation given from 10:15-10:30 a.m. CT during a session scheduled from 10-11 a.m. CT, would be embargoed for 10:15 a.m. CT.
- If data is featured in an official DDW press conference that occurs before the data's scientific presentation or poster session, the embargo lifts at the beginning of the DDW press conference.
- Posters are embargoed for 9:30 a.m. CT the day the poster is presented.
- Press materials on research presented at DDW must give attribution to DDW and its sponsoring societies with the following boilerplate:
Digestive Disease Week® (DDW) is the largest international gathering of physicians, researchers and academics in the fields of gastroenterology, hepatology, endoscopy and gastrointestinal surgery. Jointly sponsored by the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases (AASLD), the American Gastroenterological Association (AGA) Institute, the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE) and the Society for Surgery of the Alimentary Tract (SSAT), DDW take place May 6-9, 2017, at McCormick Place, Chicago, IL. The meeting showcases more than 5,000 abstracts and hundreds of lectures on the latest advances in GI research, medicine and technology. More information can be found at www.ddw.org.
- Use of the DDW logo on exhibitor press materials is prohibited without the express written consent of Show Management. For more information, contact DDW director of marketing Alison Moser by email.
- Prior to display in the DDW Newsroom, all exhibitor materials must be reviewed and approved by Show Management.
- Materials must be submitted by close of business on Monday, April 17, 2017; edits and/or approval will be provided via email by Monday, April 24, 2017. Materials not submitted by the April 17 deadline must be reviewed on site as time allows. On site review is not guaranteed. Electronic copy of materials can be emailed to the DDW Newsroom.
- Exhibitors should deliver 75 copies of approved press materials to the DDW Newsroom. All unused materials will be discarded unless claimed by 5 p.m. CT last day of the show.
Access to Official DDW Press Conferences
- DDW press conference attendance is limited to invited guests and two representatives that manufacture or are responsible for marketing a drug or device discussed during the press conference.
- Any company representative wishing to attend a DDW press conference must check in with the DDW Newsroom the morning of the conference.
- Only media representatives may ask questions during press conferences.
- Invited guests and company representatives may not approach media in the press conference room.
Exhibitor Press Conference Outside of Convention Center
- Press conferences held during DDW by exhibitors and groups outside of officially sanctioned DDW press conferences are referred to as "outside press conferences." These events may not be held during a time that conflicts with any official DDW press conferences.
- Outside press conferences may not be promoted to press via the DDW Newsroom or exhibitor news area.
- Groups planning to hold outside press conferences must inform the DDW Newsroom of their plans.
- To secure space for an outside press conference, first inform Show Management via email. Second, submit a meeting space request form.
Submit questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please check the DDW website regularly for updates.