Session Details and Invitations
Log into the speaker management system to review your moderator invitation. After you access the invitation, click the plus sign next to “Session Information” to view a full list of presentations and speakers scheduled during your session at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center.
Conflicts of Interest
As providers of CME credit, the DDW sponsoring societies are required to identify and resolve potential Conflicts of Interest (COI) for all sessions in advance of an educational activity. The potential for a conflict exists when a presenter has a financial relationship with a commercial company relevant to the content he is presenting. As the session moderator, it is your responsibility to review the disclosures of your presenters and resolve any potential conflicts in one of the following ways:
- Review the financial relationships and determine that they are not relevant to the content of the session.
- Review the presentation or presentation content to ensure that the content is not commercially biased, and all conclusions are supported by cited evidence.
- Determine that faculty will not be presenting any clinical recommendations relevant to their financial relationships.
- Recommend a change in faculty if the conflict cannot be resolved.
If a speaker in the session you are scheduled to moderate has indicated that he or she has a relevant disclosure, you will receive instructions by email to review potential COI.
Prepare for DDW
Moderators of abstract-based sessions will have access to full-text abstracts prior to DDW through the DDW Mobile App. Moderators will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org in April 2018 with instructions on accessing abstracts.
Moderators will be able to access the DDW Presentation Upload Site when it opens in April 2018 to submit slides and review presentation slides submitted by speakers in their session. Presenter slides will only be available for viewing on the site if presenters submit them in advance of the meeting. Please note that most speakers wait to finalize and submit their slides until close to start of the meeting or on-site at Speaker Headquarters. If you have any difficulty logging into the DDW Presentation Upload Site, email email@example.com.
On-Site at DDW
Your role as moderator is key to the success of your session. Moderator responsibilities include:
- During presentations, ensure presenters with potential COI adhere to the best available evidence. The potential for a conflict exists when involvement with a commercial interest includes one or more of the following: salary, royalty, research support, consulting fee, etc.
- Remind audience members about the use of recording devices such as video recorders, cameras, cell phones, during the session. Please review the revised Photography policy below.
- Encourage attendees to move to the front of the room if there are empty seats there and the session is filling up.
- Be familiar with DDW's Presentation Management System, including the A/V operation of the session's walk-in slides and presentations.
- Ensure that all presenters adhere to their allocated times so that Q&A reserved for attendees is preserved.
- Prepare to ask questions of the presenters to stimulate discussion if attendee questions are sparse.
Starting at DDW 2018, the photography policy has been revised to allow photos of posters for personal, social or non-commercial use; however, presenters have the right to request no photography, and in those situations, photography is strictly prohibited. In the presentation upload site, there is a “no photos” icon you can download for use in your presentation if you do not want attendees to take photos of your slides. You must include the icon to request no photography of that slide.
Walter E. Washington Convention Center
Friday, June 1: Noon–8 p.m.
Saturday, June 2 to Tuesday, June 5: 6:30 a.m.–5:30 p.m.
Please visit Speaker Headquarters to obtain a green moderator ribbon for your name badge. Also, moderators who will be using their own slides during their sessions are asked to visit Speaker Headquarters at least 24 hours in advance of their sessions to upload their slides or to review slides already submitted via the DDW Presentation Upload Site. Technicians will be available to answer questions about the equipment and ensure that all slides are properly formatted. Computers at Speaker Headquarters will require you to log in using the following screen.
You may log in using the information that was emailed to you by PresentationManagement@freemanco.com. Or, if you do not recall your password, please select “Reset Password.” Please see a technician if you have any difficulty logging in or accessing your session.
Speaker Practice Room
Located in Salon E, the Speaker Practice Room will be available for speakers to rehearse and prep for their presentation. The Speaker Practice Room is equipped with the same hardware and software as those in the presentation rooms. Speakers will be able to reserve a time slot on-site.
During Your Session
Please arrive at your meeting room 15 minutes before the start of your session. When you enter the room and view the room computer screen, you will see listing of all scheduled presentations for your session.
In the Session Room
Presenters may access their presentations by clicking on their names and then selecting the start button. After a speaker has reached the end of his presentation, the display will return to the full list of presenters. If you have any difficulties or experience technical problems during your session, click the REQUEST ASSISTANCE
button (denoted by a red flag) and a technician will immediately be sent to your room.
For questions, please contact DDW Administration at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 301-272-0022.