Bethesda, MD (Feb. 11, 2019) — Discussion of the newest scientific and medical discoveries can be difficult for patients to understand but can be of great importance to the care and management of their digestive diseases. Patient bloggers, influencers and advocates have experience working with health care providers and scientists to review and understand the latest science, so they can interpret the data for other patients to help them better understand how the findings might affect their everyday lives.
Digestive Disease Week® (DDW) Administration believes there is great value in patients understanding the data being presented during the meeting. To drive awareness and education around the science being presented during the meeting, DDW will enlist patient influencers who suffer from gastroenterological (GI) disorders and have engaged followings within the target demographic.
DDW Travel Awards
DDW will provide up to five (5) travel awards for patient influencers who communicate about gastroenterological (GI) disorders to attend the 2019 meeting in San Diego, California. Selected patient influencers will receive up to a $1,000 travel grant, housing and registration to attend DDW 2019.
How to apply
GI patient influencers should submit an application outlining how you will cover the science and news presented during DDW 2019, including:
- Why you want to attend DDW 2019.
- Your experience covering past medical meetings and programs.
- Description of your influencer content and follower/subscriber numbers.
- How you communicate with your followers/subscribers (blog posts, videos, email, social media, etc.).
- What platforms you use, including social media handles and web addresses, as well as sample emails.
- How you intend to share DDW news during the four days of the meeting, i.e., blog posts, emails, Facebook Live or Instagram videos, twitter, etc.
- Disclosures and potential conflicts of interest, both paid and unpaid.
Applications will be accepted from Feb. 11, 2019, though 9 p.m. ET on March 8, 2019. Apply now.
Any questions? Contact Aimee Frank at firstname.lastname@example.org or 301-941-2620.
Digestive Disease Week® (DDW) is the largest international gathering of physicians, researchers and academics in the fields of gastroenterology, hepatology, endoscopy and gastrointestinal surgery. Jointly sponsored by the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases (AASLD), the American Gastroenterological Association (AGA) Institute, the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE) and the Society for Surgery of the Alimentary Tract (SSAT), DDW takes place May 18-21, 2019, at the San Diego Convention Center. The meeting showcases more than 5,000 abstracts and hundreds of lectures on the latest advances in GI research, medicine and technology. More information can be found at www.ddw.org.