In-Conjunction With (ICW) Event Request
The official dates for DDW 2023 are Saturday, May 6–Tuesday, May 9. DDW Administration controls all meeting space starting on Wednesday, April 1, 2023.
In Conjunction With (ICWs) are events with up to 150 attendees and are not planned nor sponsored by DDW or any of its sponsoring societies. These events are arranged by industry supporters, third-party planners, educational institutions or other non-profit organizations during DDW. Companies not meeting these criteria are not allowed to host ancillary meetings within a 10-mile radius of McCormick Place.
Please note we are experiencing a high volume of requests right now. Please be patient as we work with the hotels to secure meeting space.
Application and Deadlines
There is a $100 ($45 for non-profit organizations) administrative fee per meeting submission. This submission fee is non-refundable. There is one administrative fee per meeting submission. All requests for space must be submitted using the form below by March 30, 2023, or as space permits.
Rules and Guidelines
- All requests for space must be submitted using the online form; one form per meeting or event. To be eligible to host ICW events at official DDW hotels, local restaurants, or other venues within a 10-mile radius of the convention center, you must submit this form, and the event must be approved by DDW Administration. Since an event is in conjunction with DDW, across DDW’s dates, in the host city location, and solicits DDW attendees, it must follow the ICW event protocol.
- Space is not available at the convention center.
- All charges for the event are the responsibility of the function sponsor.
- Events that include formal presentations, equipment demonstrations, procedural instructions, or continuing medical education (CME) are defined by DDW Administration as educational and therefore are considered a Satellite Symposium.
- Priority will be given to those companies exhibiting at DDW, their third-party contractors and certain non-profit groups requesting meeting space.
- DDW Administration strictly forbids outboarding:
Outboarding is the practice of a non-exhibiting company or person who sets up an exhibit, display or other off-site event to encourage attendees to leave the exhibition show floor to view products or spend time outside the Exhibit Hall. A few examples of outboarding are hospitality suites in hotels or nearby restaurants in which products are displayed or marketing materials are distributed, or any situation where a company or person displays or discusses the sale of items by a non-exhibiting company. The only legitimate place to conduct business during the DDW event is within a contracted exhibit space on the show floor.
- If your function is over 25 people, will include DDW attendees, educational programming, scientific presentations and/or product demonstrations, it cannot be held during the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (DDW scientific session hours).
- A confirmation email will be sent to the Book-It Key Contact listed on the submission unless otherwise noted by the client. A copy will be provided to the hotel, so they can finalize the details of the event directly with the company contact.
- Changes to requests (e.g., date, time, number of attendees, etc.) must be made directly with the hotel.
- Marketing materials and invitations must follow DDW’s logo and usage guidelines.
To maintain the integrity of the meeting for all attendees and industry supporters, the following enforcement policy will be enacted. Reported violations will be addressed with the exhibits manager or other personnel with managerial responsibility, and DDW will require that the affiliate function be shut down.
Any violations to any of these rules can result in the loss of priority points for the supporting company.
|Meeting Type||Description||Educational Programming||Product Demonstrations||Time Restrictions||CME Offered|
|Hospitality/Social Events||Receptions, meet and greet functions and dinners. These events are always by invitation only and not open to all DDW attendees.||NO||NO||After 5:30 p.m.||NO|
|Staff/Company Meetings||Meetings held by industry supporters and attendees and are internal EMPLOYEES only.||NO||NO||Unrestricted||NO|
|Committee Meetings||Meetings held by task forces, boards of universities or non-profit organizations. Limited to the members of the committee only.||NO||NO||Unrestricted with attendance numbers 25 and under. Over 25 people before 8:30 a.m. and after 5:30 p.m.||NO|
|Focus Groups||Meetings that target a specific group of attendees to obtain specific data. These events are always by invitation only and not open to all DDW attendees.||NO||NO||Unrestricted with attendance numbers 25 and under. Over 25 people before 8:30 a.m. and after 5:30 p.m.||NO|
|Investigator Meetings||Meetings that give investigators, prospective investigators and industry representatives a chance to network and focus on institutional review board or regulatory agency approval protocol, and must review or conduct results of a specific study, current clinical trial or product. These events are always by invitation only and not open to all DDW attendees.||NO||NO||Unrestricted with attendance numbers 25 and under. Over 25 people before 8:30 a.m. and after 5:30 p.m.||NO|
|Events that are strictly educational that may or may not offer CME credit.||YES||YES||Before 7:45 a.m. and after 6 p.m.||YES|
Product Theaters are turnkey, 45-minute marketing presentations about your company’s products or services.
Industry Supporters can host educational programs before or after DDW scientific sessions, often offering CME to participants.
Book Your Space
Exceed business goals by exposing your company to key decision makers in GI. The on-site Exhibit Hall will be open May 7-9, 2023.