Virtual Industry Participation Rules and Regulations
The virtual event (“Event”) is organized and managed by DDW. Any matters not covered in these Rules and Regulations are subject to the interpretation of DDW Show Management (“Show Management”) and all participants must abide by the decisions of Show Management. Participants must comply with the rules and regulations set forth by Show Management. Show Management shall have full power to interpret, amend, and enforce these rules and regulations, provided Show Management advises participants of any amendments. Each participant in the Event, for him/herself and their employees (individually and collectively “Participant”), agrees to abide by the foregoing rules and regulations and by any amendments or additions thereto in conformance with the preceding sentence.
These rules and regulations are attached to and made a part of the DDW Virtual Participation Application and Contract. Together they form the Agreement (“Agreement”), which becomes binding and enforceable pursuant to its terms only upon acceptance by email confirmation by DDW.
Policies are subject to change. Industry supporters will be notified by the industry supporter newsletter of any changes to be made to DDW policies. For specific questions, please contact Nia Murphy at 301-941-9789.
DDW views the Industry Supporter Showcase as an integral part of the educational and scientific program. Qualified supporters are limited to firms, organizations and agencies whose exhibits promote an awareness of products, technologies and services that are recognized and approved by DDW as being in harmony with, and supportive of, the objectives of the meeting.
- Qualified supporters:
- Must have GI-related products or services and professional in nature.
- Must have products and services consistent with at least one of the product categories.
- Agree to comply with the policies, rules and regulations, including those policies that govern the submission of the application, and all policies, rules and regulations adopted by DDW hereafter.
DDW has the sole right to determine the final eligibility or qualification of any firm, organization, agency or product for inclusion in the Industry Supporter Showcase. Rulings of DDW shall, in all instances, be final. If DDW finds that an approved company misrepresented itself to gain approval to participate, DDW reserves the right to cancel the contract at any time, including during DDW Virtual™. If DDW cancels misrepresented company’s contracts, the company is responsible for any fees due to DDW or its vendors at the time of cancellation.
Nonprofits: The non-profit rate applies to groups that promote special interest causes. All groups are required to provide documentation of nonprofit status.
- U.S. organizations must be designated by the IRS as having 501(c)3, 501(c)4 or 501(c)6 status.
- Organizations located outside the U.S. must have comparable designation.
Hospitals (and clinics) are eligible for the non-profit rate with documentation of nonprofit status. Any organization that intends to recruit a physician for a hospital, clinic or group practice at DDW is not eligible for the non-profit status and will need to reserve space at the full rate. DDW’s four sponsoring societies, namely AASLD, AGA, ASGE and SSAT, are exempt from this provision.
Other Important Information
- DDW will designate virtual placement based on the Participant package request on a first come, first serve basis. In order to maintain this selection, Participant must meet required payment deadlines. Participant acknowledges and agrees that it is not contracting for a specific virtual placement, but rather for the right to participate as a Participant at the Event for a corresponding fee.
- Participant agrees to design, construct, and operate its virtual listing in a relevant and appropriate manner and in accordance with the reasonable standards established by DDW and communicated to Participant.
- Participant shall not permit non-participating companies’ representatives to promote goods or services from Participant’s virtual area.
DDW reserves the right to require alteration, replacement, and/or removal of any documents, videos, merchandise, links, posters, products, exhibits, displays, or other materials in Participant’s Virtual listing which DDW, in its sole discretion, deems to be detrimental to or inconsistent with: (i) the quality, theme, or image of the Event; and/or (ii) DDW’s image, purpose or reputation. If for any reason Participant refuses to make any changes requested by DDW, DDW, in its sole discretion, shall be entitled to cancel Participant’s participation at the Event.
Participant may not use DDW’s trademarks, logos, or other identifying marks in its advertising or promotional materials at any time. It may, however, make verbal or written reference to its participation at the Event in such marketing materials, only once, as approved by DDW. DDW may include Participant’s name and logo in any of its respective marketing and advertising materials for the Event.
DDW is not responsible or liable for any damage to or loss of any of Participant’s property other than to the extent caused directly by DDW’s gross negligence or willful misconduct.
- This Agreement may be immediately terminated by DDW for cause if: (i) Participant violates any applicable law, rule, regulation, or ordinance (including without limitation, any applicable advertising regulation); (ii) Participant otherwise materially breaches any provision, warranty, or representation of this Agreement (including without limitation its payment obligations); (iii) Participant has made any material misrepresentation to DDW in connection with Participant’s virtual listing, participation or attendance at the Event; or (iv) Participant refuses to make any changes requested by DDW. Any termination for cause under this Section shall become effective immediately on written notice to Participant, and DDW shall have the right immediately to remove Participant’s virtual listing from the virtual platform and revoke access to the Participant. Participant shall not receive a refund of any kind for a termination for cause under this Section.
- This Agreement may be terminated by DDW without cause at any time at least four days prior to the Event, but only if DDW provides Participant with a refund of all amounts paid by Participant under this Agreement.
- Participant may terminate this Agreement upon written notice to DDW however Participant shall remain responsible for the Total Charges due hereunder without reduction or offset of any kind.
Participant may not assign this Agreement, in whole or in part, without DDW’s prior written consent in each instance. DDW may assign this Agreement freely. Any assignment in violation of this clause shall be null and void.
Participant represents and warrants that it is duly organized, validly existing, and in good standing in its state/country/province of organization and has the full power and authority to enter into this Agreement and fulfill its obligations hereunder. Participant further represents and warrants that it will comply with all applicable statutes, ordinances, regulations, and laws applicable to its rights, actions, and obligations hereunder, including without limitation an obligation not to violate any: (i) intellectual property or other personal right of any individual or entity; (ii) applicable advertising or marketing law; or (iii) rules provided by DDW to Participant in connection with the Event. If Participant sells its product online during the Event, it represents and warrants that it will comply with all state and local sales permit and tax requirements.
Participant agrees to indemnify, defend and hold DDW, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, subsidiaries, parent, agents, and permitted assigns, and each of them, harmless from and against any and all claims, losses, liabilities, damages, expenses, and costs, including attorneys’ fees and court costs, arising directly or indirectly out of : (i) negligence, gross negligence or willful misconduct; or (ii) material breach of any of the terms of this Agreement by Participant, its employees, agents or contractors. The terms of this provision shall survive the termination or expiration of this Agreement.
Participant shall maintain, at its own cost and expense, insurance coverage sufficient to cover its obligations and indemnifications hereunder.
IN NO EVENT SHALL DDW, ITS OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS, AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS, SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES (COLLECTIVELY "DDW PARTIES") BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTICIPANT OR ANY THIRD PARTY HIRED BY OR OTHERWISE ENGAGED BY THE PARTICIPANT FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR ANY OTHER INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES AND COSTS, ARISING OUT OF THIS AGREEMENT OR CONNECTED IN ANY WAY WITH USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES OUTLINED IN THIS AGREEMENT OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY PARTICIPANT, EVEN IF ANY OF THE DDW PARTIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED, ARE ON NOTICE, AND/OR SHOULD HAVE BEEN AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. PARTICIPANT AGREES THAT DDW PARTIES’ SOLE AND MAXIMUM LIABILITY TO EXHIBITOR, REGARDLESS OF THE CIRCUMSTANCES, SHALL BE THE REFUND OF THE EXHIBIT BOOTH FEE. PARTICIPANT AGREES TO INDEMNIFY AND DEFEND THE DDW PARTIES FROM ANY CLAIMS BROUGHT BY A THIRD PARTY HIRED BY OR ENGAGED BY THE PARTICIPANT FOR ANY AMOUNT BEYOND THE TOTAL CHARGES. FURTHER, PARTICIPANT AGREES TO PAY ALL ATTORNEY'S FEES AND COSTS INCURRED BY DDW PARTIES ARISING OUT OF, OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO, THIS AGREEMENT. EXHIBITOR SHALL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ITS ATTORNEY'S FEES AND COSTS.
This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of Maryland without regard to its conflict of laws principles. The parties hereby agree that any action arising out of this Agreement will be brought solely in any court located in Maryland. Both parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of any such court.
Neither party shall be held responsible for delays or non-performance caused by activities or factors beyond its reasonable control, including without limitation, war, weather, strikes, lockouts, fires, acts of God, terrorism, cancellation of the Event, or any other activities or factors beyond its control, whether similar or dissimilar to any of the foregoing. If the Event is cancelled pursuant to this provision, Participant shall be entitled to a refund of any fees paid. It shall not, however, be entitled to reimbursement for out-of-pocket expenses incurred in connection with the Event.
- These rules and regulations, along with the DDW Virtual Participation Application, embody the complete and final understanding of the virtual listing arrangement between the parties. Neither party relied upon any express or implied warranties of any kind when determining whether to enter into this Agreement other than as may be set forth herein. This Agreement can only be modified pursuant to a written amendment signed by an authorized representative of each party.
- This Agreement and any amendment to this Agreement may be executed by the parties via electronic means as may be preapproved by DDW.
- No waiver of any term or right in this Agreement shall be effective unless made in writing and signed by an authorized representative of the waiving party. The failure of either party to enforce any provision of this Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver or modification of such provision, or impairment of its right to enforce such provision or any other provision of this Agreement thereafter. Any written waiver authorized on one occasion is effective only in that instance and only for the specific purpose stated and does not operate as a waiver on any future occasion.
- If any term, clause, or provision hereof is held invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the validity or operation of any other term, clause, or provision of this Agreement, and the invalid term, clause, or provision shall be amended by the parties in good faith to reflect their intentions at the time of drafting. If the parties are unable to mutually agree on amended language, the invalid term, clause, or provision shall be struck from the Agreement.
No accredited continuing education activity (i.e., for which CME or CEU certification is awarded) may be conducted in the virtual listing. No promotion of a CME, unless it is an approved program by DDW, is allowed from the virtual listing. DDW approved virtual industry programs (satellite symposia; product theaters) may be promoted from your virtual booth. Developing CME Content at or from the DDW 2021 virtual event is in direct violation of DDW rules.
A Participant give-away should be educational or modest in value and cannot exceed $100 in value. A promotional give-away form must be complete and approved by DDW Show Management. Questions can be addressed to Nia Murphy. The participating company is responsible for any compliance research prior to submitting the form. DDW in no way responsible for the participants compliance or meeting any regulatory guidelines.
Prizes, contests, and/or lotteries are permitted; however, such activities must be approved by the DDW prior to the Event. Participants are solely responsible for notifying any winners, and alcohol is not permitted as a prize. The Participant is responsible for any permits, occupational licenses and city/state sales taxes, if applicable. DDW reserves the right to restrict activities that it deems inappropriate or unprofessional.
Prizes, contests, and/or lotteries are permitted; however, such activities must be approved by the DDW prior to the Event. Participants are solely responsible for notifying any winners, and alcohol is not permitted as a prize. The Participant is responsible for any permits, occupational licenses and city/state sales taxes, if applicable. DDW reserves the right to restrict activities that it deems inappropriate or unprofessional. DDW will contact participant in early February with detailed instructions on setting up the virtual presence. Final content is due by April 2, 2021.
Everyone must register to participate in the Event. Please reference individual packages for the number of virtual registrations included. If additional registrations are needed, they can be purchased on an individual basis at prevailing registration rates by visiting www.ddw.org. Participants are prohibited from sharing badges or their assigned link to the Event with another including, but not limited to, company personnel. Participants who violate this restriction may have their attendance from the Event terminated by DDW without refund. If there are specific hours or chat times available each Participant must be staffed by company specialists who are qualified to discuss details of their company’s products or services.
The Event meeting platform is available to participants from May 21, 2021, until Aug. 31, 2021 (90 days). Live presentations will take place from May 21-23. Each Participant may determine the dates and times when their space will be staffed. Dates and times should be listed in the company description area.
DDW and Participant are each the sole owner of all right, title, and interest to their respective information, including such party's logo, trademarks, trade names, and copyrighted information, unless otherwise provided (collectively, "Intellectual Property"). DDW and the Participant hereby each grant to the other a limited, non-exclusive license to use certain of the granting party's Intellectual Property, including names, trademarks, and copyrights, in connection with promotion of the Event, except that Participant’s use of DDW Intellectual Property shall be limited by the terms of this Agreement.
All Participants must adhere to all applicable regulations, guidelines, and rulings of the FDA. Participants who do not have products approved by the FDA must either have recognition within their virtual listing as “For International Attendees Only” or “For Investigational Purposes Only.” DDW does not endorse or promote any products or services related to an exhibit, and Participant cannot suggest otherwise. Participant will not, either prior to, during, or after the Event, use Digestive Disease Week or DDW taglines, trademarks, or trade names, or service marks. DDW trademarks include but are not limited to “DDW”, “DDW 2021 Virtual” and “Digestive Disease Week”. The use of the words “DDW 2021 Virtual” is permissible when referencing a virtual presence in marketing materials for the conference if approved by DDW.
It is the responsibility of each supporter to comply with FDA regulations. Please contact the Regulatory Affairs Department with any questions on Food and Drug Administration guidelines.
Food and Drug Administration
CDER Central Document Room:
FDA/Center for Drug Evaluation and Research
DDMAC 5901-B Ammendale Road
Beltsville, MD 20705-1266
Participants shall be responsible for compliance with applicable data protection laws protecting the personal data of Event attendees.
All matters and questions not specifically covered by this Agreement, are subject to the sole decision of DDW.
All virtual presences will be to serve the interest of the DDW attendees and must be pertinent to the attendees’ professional interests. DDW reserves the right to restrict virtual listing sales to potential participant it deems inappropriate or unprofessional. Companies’ presences will be operated in a way that will not detract from other companies, or the virtual meeting as a whole. Participating companies and personnel agree to review and adhere to the DDW Code of Conduct.
All hand-out materials are expected to be of a professional nature. DDW reserves the right to disallow any material that they believe to be inappropriate.
In the event of a platform or technical issue outside of DDW’s control, that prevents fulfillment of the sponsorship deliverables, DDW will refer to the platform’s Service Level Agreement. DDW will make every effort to provide the same sponsorship opportunity on a different date/time proposed by DDW. Should DDW be unable to satisfy the original sponsorship, comparable alternate opportunities will be offered without adjustment to the sponsorship fee.
Violation of any of these Rules and Regulations by the participant of his/her employees or agents shall at the option of DDW forfeit the Participant’s right to participate in the Event and such Participant shall forfeit all monies paid or due. Upon such violation, DDW may take possession of the virtual space occupied by the Participant and may remove all persons and goods at the Participant’s risk. The Participant shall pay all expenses and damages that DDW may incur thereby.
By registering, attending and/or participating in the Event, Participants consent to and grant to DDW, the unrestricted, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free and transferable right and license to use and to distribute (both now and in the future) Participant’s image and/or voice in photographs, videotapes, electronic reproductions, and audiotapes (both live an on demand) of the Event. Participants shall not photograph, audio, or video record any and all portions of the Event without the prior written consent of DDW.
Participants acknowledge that your use of technology during the Event is not guaranteed by DDW. DDW and its vendors will use their best efforts to communicate with Participants regarding camera use in devices and computers, mobile app capabilities in iOS and Android, audio settings and headset use, and stylus use in the virtual event platform. In no event shall DDW be held liable for interruptions to internet access, power access, video camera access, or audio capabilities, nor of any similar interruptions to the Event platform for the duration of the posted Event website.
Participants may not intentionally interrupt the Event or use of any other online media that interfaces with the Event which might include, but not be limited to, sexualized language or imagery, inappropriate dialog, insults, political statements, or other content or communication outside of the character and purpose of DDW.
The dress code at the Event is business casual. You are required to adhere to this dress code during the Event including, but not limited to, live video chat.
- DDW Show Management will not attempt to settle disputes between supporters over issues such as trademark violations, sign copy and copyright violation claims. Show Management understands the sensitivity of these issues; however, it is the responsibility of the supporter to receive prior approval from DDW for any product demonstration or presentation that may be questionable in nature, DDW reserves the right to order objectionable presentations discontinued unless or until a mutually agreeable presentation may be developed. The supporter waives any rights or claims of damages arising out of enforcement of this rule.
- Disputes should be handled through proper legal channels, according to the supporting company’s policies and notification should be made to Show Management immediately.
Please refer to the full set of media policies, found here.
Priority points are intended to serve as the basis for scheduling the assignment or selection of packages. Industry Supporters who have accumulated the highest number of priority points are given first access to the available space for the following year. The supporter with the longest, year after year, show participation will be given priority in the event of a tie in priority points.
Here’s how your company can earn points:
- Continuous Exhibitor: Three (3) points for exhibiting at DDW each year.
- Exhibit Space Points: One (1) point for every 100 square feet of exhibit space purchased, when applicable.
- Sponsorship via DDW: Two (2) points for every $2,000 spent on sponsorship opportunities that are secured through the DDW Industry Supporter Portal.
- Sponsorship via DDW Partners: One (1) point for every $2,000 spent on sponsorship opportunities that are secured through DDW partners (ARP Digital Media, etc.), when applicable.
- Product Theaters: Three (3) points for each timeslot secured.
- Satellite Symposia: Six (6) points for every symposium secured.
- If a symposium is secured via a medical education company or third party and has multiple supporters, the points will be split between the multiple supporting organizations.
- Exhibitor Survey: Ten (10) points for completed exhibitor survey, when applicable.
- Timely Payments: Ten (10) points for paying 100% of total package fee by deadline.
- Social Sharing: Two (2) points for every promotion on any social media platform and 20 points for using our Industry Supporter invite-a-customer tool .
- Each exhibitor must complete this form to receive credit. If the form is not submitted, credit will not be given.
- Industry Supporter Showcase Packages: Depending on which package is purchased the appropriate amount of points will be added to your total.
Points will not be deducted for not participating in DDW 2021 Virtual.