DDW Basic Science Travel Awards
DDW will award up to 20 Basic Science Travel Awards to early-career researchers for the 2023 meeting. Selected authors of basic science abstracts will receive a $1,000 grant and recognition at DDW 2023.
Award recipients must:
- Currently be enrolled in a training program or within three years of completing their training as of the Feb. 23, 2023, application deadline.
- Be listed as the presenting author of a basic science abstract accepted for presentation at DDW 2023.
- Attend DDW 2023 and present their abstract in person in Chicago at the time and date specified in their abstract acceptance notification.
Start Your Application
Applications for Basic Science Travel Awards were due Wednesday, Feb. 23, 2022.
Applications for Basic Science Travel Awards will be open Thursday, Dec. 15, 2022 through Thursday, Feb. 23, 2023. To be notified when more information is available, add your name to our email list using the link below.
The following materials are required as part of the application:
- Accepted DDW 2023 abstract listing the applicant as the presenting author.
- Current CV/resume.
- Letter of intent describing the applicant’s role in the research presented in the abstract, his or her interest in attending and presenting at DDW, and his or her plans for future research.
- Name and contact information for a faculty sponsor.
- Applications must be received by 9 p.m. EST on Thursday, Feb. 23, 2023. No extensions to this deadline will be granted.
- Applications must be submitted online. No emailed or faxed applications will be accepted.
- There is no fee to submit an application.
- Authors applying for this award must have submitted an abstract by the Dec. 1, 2022, general deadline. Authors of late-breaking abstracts are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants for the award are solely responsible for ensuring that they are listed as the presenting author of their abstract at the time of submission. No changes to abstract author strings will be accepted after the Dec. 1 abstract submission deadline.
- Only authors of basic or translational science abstracts will be considered for the award.
- Authors of clinical science abstracts will not be considered.
- Award recipients are required to attend DDW 2023 in person to present their abstract.
- Authors of abstracts selected for ePoster presentation will not be considered for this award.
- Previous award recipients are not eligible to apply.
Contact the DDW Program Team with questions about the award.
Sponsoring Society Grants and Awards
DDW’s sponsoring societies also have various grants available. Please see a list of DDW-related grants and awards below, and visit the respective society websites for more information: