Making the Most of Your Time at DDW
Ongoing disruptions from the pandemic made us rework our meeting model, and we’re excited to introduce our first hybrid DDW this year. Whether this is your first time attending or you’re a DDW veteran, these tips will help you make the most of your meeting experience.
If you’re attending virtually, an Attendee Guide to DDW Virtual will be available in May 2022 to help you navigate the virtual platform with ease.
- DDW has a variety of guides and tools to help you plan your time at the meeting. Spend some time planning your day in advance so you can take full advantage of what is offered.
- DDW Tracks: Look for these 17 education tracks in our attendee resources to quickly identify programming of interest.
- DDW Online Planner: This is where you’ll get your first look at high-level session details. Live-streamed sessions will be designated in the online planner. The planner will be available in the coming weeks.
- DDW Mobile App: Search abstracts, view exhibitors and much more. Create an itinerary in advance to save time during the meeting.
- Whether you’re attending in person or virtually, make sure to build in some downtime to recover your stamina. Get some coffee, grab a snack or take a walk.
- Be sure to visit the Exhibit Hall or Industry Supporter Showcase. We’ve scheduled fewer sessions during selected times so you don’t have to miss sessions.
- Don’t try to do everything. Choose a manageable number of topics to focus on. Remember, all attendees receive access to our virtual platform, including 64 key sessions.
Technical Tips and Tricks for Virtual Attendees
Before signing into the virtual platform, we recommend reviewing the following tips to ensure a smooth login process and reduce common difficulties:
- Browsers that will best support DDW include Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Edge. Internet Explorer is not supported.
- You can improve your computer’s bandwidth by closing programs such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams and/or other applications that you are not using.
- We recommend disconnecting from virtual private networks (VPNs).
- We recommend turning off your ad blocker.
On-Site Tips and Tricks for In Person Attendees
- Check meeting locations closely, and allow enough travel time between sessions.
- The convention center is large and you will be walking a lot. Wear comfortable clothes and shoes.
- Keep well hydrated.
- Get plenty of sleep and don’t stay out too late.
- Sessions on related topics are scheduled near each other whenever possible. Find programs of interest that allow you to spend time in the same area, rather than walking across the convention center between sessions.
- An enjoyable aspect of DDW is seeing colleagues you trained with, who you may not have seen for a while.
- If you are arranging to meet, use an easily identifiable landmark to avoid frustration.
- Support your professional society or societies. View a list of networking events at DDW.
Relishing the DDW Experience
- Don’t forget to have fun.
- Enjoy the city you are in — DDW is there for a reason.
- Enjoy the unique experience — each DDW is different from the last. We can’t wait to reconnect with you in person for the first time in more than two years!
Step Five: Post Meeting
Learn how to claim CME and print a certificate of attendance from your printer.
Visit DDW News to read blogs coming out of DDW and watch DDW TV segments.