Join the Conversation
Attending DDW isn’t only about meeting up with colleagues and thought leaders in GI once a year, but also about keeping in touch with those contacts and receiving information about future meetings. Use social media to get the latest information about DDW and interact with fellow attendees.
Our hashtag is changing! Join the conversation by using #DDW2021 on all of the outlined social media platforms. DDW and its followers use this to categorize all tweets about the 2021 meeting.
DDW Virtual™ Code of Conduct
Digestive Disease Week® (DDW) Administration is committed to providing a safe, productive and welcoming environment for all event participants. This Policy applies to all DDW event-related events, including those sponsored by organizations other than DDW but held in conjunction with DDW events, on public or private platforms.
By registering and/or participating in DDW Virtual™, I agree to adhere to the following Code of Conduct. It is the policy of DDW Virtual that all participants — including attendees, faculty, industry, vendors, media representatives, DDW staff and all other stakeholders of DDW event virtually — will conduct themselves in a professional manner that is welcoming to all participants and free from any form of discrimination, harassment or retaliation. Participants will treat each other with respect and consideration to create a collegial, respectful, inclusive and professional environment during DDW. Creating a supportive environment to enable scientific discourse at DDW is the responsibility of all participants. We expect participants to follow this Code of Conduct during all virtual events, chats, one-on-one video calls and during networking at DDW.
Unacceptable Behavior is defined as:
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination in any form.
- Verbal abuse of any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, DDW staff member, service provider or other event guest.
- Examples of verbal abuse include, but are not limited to, verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, national origin, inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces or in presentations, or threatening or stalking any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, DDW staff member, service provider or other event guest.
- Disruption of presentations during sessions in the virtual platform or at other events organized by DDW. All participants must comply with the instructions of the moderator and any DDW staff.
- Presentations, postings and messages outside of the Industry Supporter Showcase should not contain promotional materials, special offers, job offers, product announcements or solicitation for services. DDW reserves the right to remove such messages and potentially ban sources of those solicitations.
- Participants should not copy or take screen shots of Q&A or any chat room activity that takes place in the virtual space.
- Verbal abuse of any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, DDW staff member, service provider or other event guest on social media platforms or while using the event hashtag. DDW reserves the right to block any harassing user accounts and report unacceptable posts as violations in the appropriate channels.
- Exposing the DDW platform to any virus, spyware, malware or similar items.
DDW has zero-tolerance for any form of discrimination or harassment, including but not limited to sexual harassment, unlawful harassment, derogatory comments, epithets, slurs or negative stereotyping; threatening, intimidating or hostile acts; denigrating jokes; and written, electronic, or graphic material that denigrates or shows hostility or aversion toward an individual or group and that place during online networking, via text chat functions, virtual Q&A sessions or elsewhere on the DDW virtual platform by participants or our staff at our event.
Participants are expected to avoid any inappropriate actions or statements based on individual characteristics such as age, gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, nationality, political affiliation or beliefs, ability status, educational background, professional position or any other characteristic protected by law. Disruptive or harassing behavior of any kind will not be tolerated.
Violations of this code of conduct policy should be reported to DDW Administration at firstname.lastname@example.org. To the extent possible, DDW will endeavor to keep the reporting concerns confidential; however, confidentiality cannot be guaranteed.
Upon receiving a report of unacceptable behavior, DDW’s priority will be the safety and security of participants. Sanctions for violating this Code of Conduct may include, but is not limited to, verbal or written warning, being denied platform access for the remainder of the event, to notifying appropriate authorities. Retaliation for complaints of inappropriate conduct will not be tolerated. DDW reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the event without warning or refund, in response to any incident of unacceptable behavior, and DDW reserves the right to prohibit attendance at any future event, virtually or in person.
Revised Photography Policy
To further enhance scientific communications, the DDW Council has approved the following policies pertaining to the use of photography and social media at Digestive Disease Week® (DDW) starting with DDW 2018 on June 2, 2018:
Photography at DDW is allowed for personal, social or non-commercial use; however, presenters have the right to request no photography, and in those situations photography is strictly prohibited. Attendees taking photos must do so in a non-disruptive manner so as not to disturb the presenter and other attendees. Flash photography is not allowed. Video recording, live audio or video streaming, and/or recording for commercial use is strictly prohibited. Failure to comply with this policy may result in removal from the session room and loss of a DDW registration badge for the remainder of the meeting.
- Photography Restrictions in Session Rooms
If the slide includes the “no photos” icon, attendees are strictly prohibited from taking photographs of that slide.
- Photography Restrictions in the Poster Hall
If the poster board includes the “no photos” icon, attendees are strictly prohibited from taking photographs of that board.
DDW plans to take photographs, audio and video at DDW 2019 and reproduce them in DDW educational, news or promotional material, whether in print, electronic or other media, including the DDW website. By participating in DDW 2019, you grant the right to use your name or voice, photograph and biography for such purposes to DDW. All postings become the property of DDW. Postings may be displayed distributed or used by DDW for any purpose……