DDW Basic Science Travel Awards
DDW will award up to 20 Basic Science Travel Awards to early-career researchers for the 2020 meeting. Selected authors of basic science abstracts will receive a $1,000 travel grant and recognition at a Quick Shots session and reception during DDW.
Award recipients must be listed as the first or presenting author of a basic science abstract accepted for presentation at DDW 2020. Additionally, recipients must be enrolled or within three years of completing their training programs.
The following materials are required as part of the application:
- Accepted DDW 2020 abstract listing the applicant as the first or presenting author. (Authors applying for this award must have submitted an abstract by the Dec. 1, 2019, general deadline. Authors of late-breaking abstract submissions are not eligible for this award.)
- Current CV/resume.
- Letter of intent describing the applicant’s role in the research presented in the abstract, his or her interest in attending and presenting at DDW, and his or her plans for future research.
- Letter of support from a faculty sponsor summarizing the candidate’s attributes and the impact DDW attendance will have upon the candidate’s research and career.
Contact the DDW Program Team with questions about the award.
Sponsoring Society Grants and Awards
DDW’s sponsoring societies also have various grants available. Please see a list of DDW-related grants and awards below, and visit the respective society websites for more information:
- AASLD (provided by the AASLD Research Foundation)
- AASLD Foundation Fellow Travel Award
- AGA (provided by the AGA Research Foundation)