The epicenter of health policy is also one of the most exciting American cities to visit. From monuments and memorials to acclaimed theaters and a flourishing dining scene, there’s no shortage of things to do when you need a break from sessions. The 2024 meeting will take place at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center.
Enjoy Your Time in D.C.
When you arrive in Washington, D.C., you’ll understand why it’s one of the world’s leading destinations for meetings and tourism. You might even want to tack on some extra time before or after DDW to explore all that D.C. has to offer. Learn more about what to do during your time here on washington.org.
“Go beyond the tourist stops at the National Mall, and you’ll discover a bustling metropolis with a formidable food scene, some of the country’s most stunning waterfront areas, and unforgettable (and largely free) museums. — Elle Escapes
A world-class destination known for its impressive architecture, first-rate museums, brilliant chefs, and massive brewing scene, it’ll take several repeat visits to get through your list of must-dos.
Condé Nast Traveler, The Best Cities in The U.S.: 2021 Readers’ Choice Awards
There are many transportation options to get to D.C. and the Walter E. Washington Convention Center, whether you’re flying or driving.
- Airports: There are three major airports in the Washington, D.C. region: Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport, Washington Dulles International Airport and Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport. Reagan Airport and Dulles Airport are both accessible by Metro.
- Public Transportation: Washington, D.C.’s Metro is one of the busiest public transportation systems in the country, connecting all four quadrants of D.C. with suburban Virginia and Maryland. The new Silver Line extension allows riders to connect to Dulles International Airport. The Metrobus also has a fleet of more than 1,400 buses throughout the city and greater area.
- Shuttles: Complimentary shuttle bus service for attendees will be provided from contracted hotels to the convention center. View the shuttle schedule and map.
- Ground Transportation: Taxis are abundant and easily accessible from the convention center, airport, major hotels and downtown locations. D.C. is also a ride-share friendly city for services like Uber and Lyft.
- Car Rentals: There are numerous rental car agencies throughout the region, with several located at the airports.
Additional Travel Details
Invitation Letter Generator
Generate an invitation letter to help with your Visa application.
Weather in Washington, D.C.
Average temperatures in May can reach a high of 76°F.
We’re exploring D.C. and all that it has to offer on DDW News.