Advances in Science Start Here
DDW is where you’ll leverage the natural curiosity the fuels your work to enhance our collective understanding of digestive diseases. Here, you’ll meet other investigators and industry partners who can help you advance your work. Customize your DDW experience using DDW Tracks, including a Basic Science track, to filter sessions, posters and ePosters based on topical areas of interest. Show up here and help take research to the next level.
This year, you choose how you want to be part of DDW. Attend in person in Chicago or join us online.
DDW is a wonderful forum for both sharing our research and learning about cutting-edge research from other groups.
Declan McCole, PhD, University of California, Riverside
unique sessions will be offered throughout the in person meeting. Online attendees will have access to 64 key sessions.
of basic researchers who attended DDW 2022 in person said they would attend DDW again.
oral abstract and poster presentations to choose from.
DDW 2023 Basic Science Highlights
DDW 2023 will feature sessions specially targeted to basic scientists. Below are a few highlights.
- AGA Basic Science Zone: The AGA Institute Council Basic Science Subcommittee has grouped basic science sessions within this zone for convenient convention center navigation. Within this zone, AGA will showcase basic science themes Saturday through Tuesday in a designated room.
- Saturday, May 6: Basic Mechanisms, Modeling GI Biology and Disease
- Sunday, May 7: Stem Cells, Repair and Regenerative Medicine
- Monday, May 8: Microbiome, Pathogens and Nutrition
- Tuesday, May 9: Inflammation, Fibrosis in Digestive Organ Biology
- DDW Basic Late-Breaking Abstract Session
- Saturday, May 6, 4-5:30 p.m.
- AGA Gastroenterology Research Group (GRG) Symposium
- Saturday, May 6, 2-3:30 p.m.
- AGA Sub-Single Cell Resolution: The Role of Organelles in Stem Cells and Plasticity
- Sunday, May 7, 2-2:30 p.m.
- AGA Basic Science Plenary
- Sunday, May 7, 4-5:30 p.m.
- DDW Writer’s Workshop — Results, Tables and Figures: Efficiently and Effectively Delivering Your Message to the Reviewer
- Monday, May 8, 12:30–1:45 p.m.
- The Best of DDW 2023
- Tuesday, May 9, 4-5:30 p.m.
Your Next Breakthrough Begins Here
If you have novel research and weren’t able to meet the regular abstract submission deadline, you still have a chance to submit your findings. DDW will accept late-breaking abstracts from March 8 through March 15, 2023. Several of DDW’s sponsoring societies also have abstract-related grants and awards available. Learn more and apply now.
View past basic science abstracts and posters from DDW 2022 using the DDW ePosters site.
Learn More About DDW
What Are You Here For?
Watch this video to learn more about what you can expect out of this year’s meeting. Whatever you’re looking for, you’ll find it here.
Make Impactful Connections
DDW creates an array of opportunities for you to meet and collaborate with your colleagues.
DDW features around 400 original lecture sessions and more than 4,000 oral abstract and poster presentations.