Prior to and throughout DDW, the DDW Newsroom holds press conferences and office hours on timely issues and distributes press releases on the most newsworthy science presented at DDW. Newsroom staff can coordinate interviews with physicians and researchers who present their work at DDW. Only registered journalists have access to DDW Newsroom activities.
If this is your first year covering DDW or if you’re a veteran, you’ll want to review the DDW media policies.
To see the DDW embargo policy, visit the DDW media policies. If you have questions, please contact the DDW Newsroom at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Access to DDW Online Planner, Mobile App and DDW On Demand.
- Computers, internet ports, Wi-Fi and printers.
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks served daily.
- Access to a private space to conduct interviews, available in half-hour increments most of the day by arrangement with newsroom staff.
How to Obtain DDW Credentials
Members of the working press are welcome at DDW. All scientific and poster sessions are open to reporters including plenary sessions, symposia, research and clinical fora. Access to ticketed sessions is on a space-available basis. Media registration is free.
Press registration is extended to:
- Working journalists on assignment, including photojournalists, videographers, producers, podcasters who regularly cover meeting and health science news, web-based media, writers of the general health and medical press, and news staff from journals.
- Working freelance journalists with health/science articles from the past two years.
- Patient influencers, after review of social media channels and previous meeting coverage.
Press registration is NOT extended to:
- Non-news editorial staff of publications.
- Advertising, marketing or publishing staff or administrative personnel.
- Communications/public relations staff persons from (or representing) a for-profit company.
- Organizations that primarily produce audio/video continuing education resources.
- Individuals based on previous registration (must re-credential each year).
Please contact us at email@example.com if you don’t fit any of the above.
Step 1: Register
Media registration is now open.
Step 2: Provide Credentials
To approve your registration, we require a direct link to a recent article with your byline from an editorial website. If you have a letter of assignment or other credentials, please send via email after submitting the online registration form.
Step 3: Bring Your Press Badge
After you’ve received media registration confirmation, you will receive conference materials, to include your press badge, via the address provided on your registration form. If you do not receive your badge in advance or forget to pack it, you may pick up your badge on site by visiting the DDW Newsroom during our open hours. A press badge must be worn to gain access to DDW sessions, the exhibit floor and the DDW Newsroom.